Monday, March 17, 2008

Recipe--Golden Layers® Fresh Apple Cobbler

I'm going to just pop on and post this and then get going.  This recipe comes from Pillsbury.

Golden Layers® Fresh Apple Cobbler
Serve this super-easy cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
Ingredients:
6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (4 to 6 medium)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury® Golden Layers® refrigerated flaky original biscuits
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In 4-quart saucepan, heat apples, granulated sugar, dried cherries, water, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover pan and cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until apples are starting to soften. Pour into ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. In large bowl, toss biscuits with melted butter.
4. In small bowl, mix oats, pecans, brown sugar, flour and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; add to biscuit pieces. Toss gently, breaking apart any biscuit pieces.
5. Arrange biscuit pieces over hot apple mixture. Sprinkle any remaining oat mixture over biscuits.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbly.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

Well thats about it for today.  I will try to get back and update on what is going on around here.  Busy, busy, busy as I try to get everything together to begin my business.  At this moment I am dealing with the idiots at Gateway and Circuit City.  I swear someone is bound to lose their head. 

I already have a web site address, now it's just a matter of getting the page done.  Which we should be working on today, I think.  I've designed my business cards and brochures.  I need to get the paperwork to file as a sole proprietor.  File to trademark my business name...and I'm not exactly sure what else.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds good