Good Morning. Here is a little information most of us could use at least once in our lives.
Urinary Tract Infections
- A mixture of 1/2 tsp baking soda in eight ounce glass of water can be very helpful on the first signs of urinary tract infection. The presence of baking soda in your system raises the acid-base balance of the acidic urine.
- Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly - even though the product was never been advertised for this use.
- My sister-in-law says to drink a beer or two.
- It is very important for your system to have a good flow of urine. This can be done by consuming plenty of water. It cleanses your body by diluting and flushing out the unwanted substance.
- Cranberry juice disallows bacteria to cling to the cell, which line the urinary tract. It is a great remedy to fight this infection. If you cannot have the cranberry juice directly you can mix it with apple juice to add some taste.
- Drink 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 tsp of honey and water, twice a day.
Vitamin C prevents the bacterial growth due to the acidic environment created in the bladder and the urinary tract. It is very important to have a healthy diet which is rich in minerals and other supplements for your daily quota. You can maintain the alkaline content in urine by a rich diet of milk, fruits, and fresh vegetables.Fresh berry juice
Women consuming fresh berry juice as part of the daily diet, turns out to bevery useful in the long run.Avoid irritant foods
A diet which consists of processed food like cheese, chocolate, dairy products should be avoided. You should also avoid spicy food, caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes which otherwise is also harmful. Avoid carbonated drinks like beer, soda or any other drink with fizz.Stay away from artificial sweetener
Aspartame is one of a kind of artificial sweetener. You will find many artificial sweeteners in the market which should be avoided. It is mainly consumed by diabetic patients and is used in many beverages and other foods.Other suggestions for Urinary Tract Infection Hot compression
You can place a heating pad on the lower abdominal area to provide some relief to your pain.Reflexology
Working on the bladder or kidney points can provide you some relief from this infection.Dressing comfortably
Wearing loose-fitting and cotton clothes helps a great deal. Wearing tight undergarments and tight fitting clothes creates more room for infection.
Thanks for stopping by.