Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cleaning/Laundry Tip--Mildew stains on clothing

This is such a busy week.  I thought we were going somewhere else on Easter, but we're not...so now I'm planning Easter dinner here.  I just mixed up some dough to make some sugar cookies.  I'll use some of them for Easter and the rest for Rylies birthday party the following Saturday. 

Anyway here is a tip to help remove mildew stains from clothing.  I don't think I've ever had that problem so I'm not really sure if this works.  If you have something that worked for you please feel free to leave a comment.

Mildew Stains: Shake or brush the item to remove loose growth. Presoak in cold water. Wash in hot water with heavy duty detergent. For whites, add 1/2 cup bleach. If colored, use color-safe bleach. If staining remains on white items, repeat washing before drying. Heat and sun tend to kill mildew, and laying an item to dry in the sun with some lemon juice is a great way to bleach many stains. 

Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get alot of greasy food stains on my clothes.... love my job...lol