Thursday, May 17, 2007

Cough and Asthma relief and restoring pictures

Good Thursday Morning!  It is beautiful here in NW Ohio this morning and I hope it is where you live too.  I love waking up to a pretty day, don't you? 

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks
 
                 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Coughs and Asthma relief
  • Soak almonds overnight. Remove their skin. Make a paste of these almonds with little butter and sugar. Very useful for a dry cough.
  • Hot tea with lemon and raspberry jam, drink as much as possible
    Drink hot milk with honey at bedtime for cough relief.
  • Express the juice from garlic. Mix 10 – 15 drops in warm water and take internally for asthma relief.

I've been working on repairing a few old photographs.  They are worn, bent and have several scratches on them.  It takes me several hours to get them looking almost good, depending on the number of scratches.  Now I know why people charge so much to do this.

It is kind of mind numbing and God forbid your not saving (as I forget to do) the project after you make changes...cause if the computer freezes, or the program shuts down, or anything...your S.O.L.  Which I have been a few times.  Ouch!

The thing about these old photos is that most of them were black and white.  Some are made sepia and many have been colorized.  The colorization can be a problem, especially since it was up to the person doing it as to how it was colored.  I have to check and ask what color a persons eyes were to make sure I do it correctly.

Here is a sample board of some of the pictures I've done of Ray's family.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The first one is Ray's dad.  It was hard because of all the smudges and it was a sepia that had some colorization to it.  The thing I don't like about it is that there wasn't a lot of detail in the face or the uniform.  And I can't add what I don't see.

The next one is Ray's mother.  This is the photo that got me to doing this.  Someone had made a copy for us but they really "tramped" her up by adding some really outrageous red color to her lips.  The original wasn't in to bad of condition, just a few scratches and whatnot. 

The last one is Ray's maternal grandmother.  She passed away a year or two after Ray and I got together.  This one was hard.  There were so many scratches and even missing portions of the picture.  She was in her 50's when this picture was taken and with so many scratches it was a bit hard to tell where they ended and wrinkles in her skin began.  I had to remove so many scratches that I lost a lot of detail and it still looks distorted to me.  Although I'm glad that I was able to get it looking this good. 

I really like to do this, although the eye strain headaches are a bit of a pain.  I love old photographs and having a moment of our past history to be able to look back on.  Now, if I could just get Ray's mom and my mom to lend me some old family photos so I could scan and copy them...I'd be happy to put them on CD so we could share them with all our family members.  Sometimes when I ask them to loan them to me I feel like I'm asking for the key to Fort Knox and they think I'm going to steal them and hide them away.  I promise I'll return all the origianls and maybe repair a few for ya!  Honest!  LOL

Well,that's one of the things that has been keeping me busy.

Have a happy Thursday!  Oh pooh!  Now it looks gloomy outside.  Guess I'll have to play inside today and work on pictures, LOL.

Have a great one!
Hugs!
Preview

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill Marie, you did a good job on the pictures. You have patiences. Like your Jpurnal. I am a new reader. Bill