Good morning! It's Thursday which means it is time for another home remedy and better yet...just one more day until the weekend!
- Use a can of beer to condition hair.
- Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes.
- Mayonnaise will condition your hair; it will also KILL LICE.
- Separate the white of an egg from the yolk, whip it to a peak. Add 1 Tbls. water to the yolk and blend until the mixture is creamy. Then mix the white and yolk together. Wet your hair with warm water, remove the excess moisture, and apply the mixture to your scalp with your fingertips. Massage gently until the froth is worked into your scalp, then rinse the hair with cool water. Keep applying the mixture until it is used up and then rinsed until all of the egg is washed away.
- Olive oil is a great way to condition your hair. Put about 1 tablespoon (depending on hair length) of light olive oil into palm. Rub first into ends of dry hair (before shampooing) and then, run fingers through hair to get remaining off hands. Comb hair to distribute, then shampoo well. No need for an after shampoo conditioner. It makes your hair healthy and shiny!
1) Mix the following in a jug (or anything else convenient for pouring contents over head)
- Lemon juice from ½ a lemon*
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup brewed Lipton tea
2) After shampooing (but before conditioning), pour mixture on hair and massage into scalp and through the hair.
3) Rinse thoroughly with cool water.
* As lemon juice tends to lighten hair color, you may choose to omit it.
Well, I have to get moving here. Ray found a single wide mobile home in the area that was for sale. Originally the guy wanted $1500 or $2000 for it. The fella had gotten divorced and was moving to New York for a new job. He had to leave this past Saturday, and Ray found out he had dropped the price down to $500 on Friday to try to get it sold before he left.
So Ray told him that he only had $400 if the guy wanted to sell it. He did and we bought it. He got it for his daughter Stephanie, her boyfriend and their baby. They are really excited to be moving back to Toledo. It will mean a bit of a commute for Joe to go to work, but they really wanted to move back. Stephanies job was recently sent oversea's so she is going to be staying home with the baby for awhile until she can find a new job.
The place needs a wee bit of work. There are a couple of really nice ameneties on this place though. It had a "tip out", making the living room really big. A covered driveway on the one side and a deck the full length of the house on the other side. A very nice little yard and a small Koi pond (which needs a little work).
So, I've been over there doing a lot of painting. The walls are covered with that dark ugly panelling. Which means they have to be primed and stain sealed first and then painted. But it is so worth it. The clean paint makes such a huge difference!
So far the living room is done. I've almost got the living room and hallway done, and I should be finishing up in the kitchen today. That only leaves that 1 and 1/2 baths and the front bedroom. Ray put new tiles on the kitchen floor, fixed some sub-flooring issues, fixed the back door, and replaced a wall that had gotten wet and nasty. The carpet isn't the prettiest stuff, but it is in pretty good condition. Eventually some windows will need to be replaced, but that is something that can be done one or two at a time.
The kids will need to get a washer and dryer, but in the meantime they can come over and do laundry at our house. Thats better than spending $15 or $20 a week at the laundromat. David doesn't have a washer and dryer either, so maybe I'll need to give the kids each a day they can come over so we're not all trying to get it done on the same day, lol.
I've sat here and babbled on long enough. Time to get some housework done around here and get my bum in the shower.
Have a great day!