Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Household tip-laundry basket/hamper

Good Morning!  It is an absolutely beautiful day outside today.  Today NW Ohio is supposed to be getting a preview of this summer....YEA!  I love warm weather.

                     Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Freshen Laundry Basket/Hamper: Place a fabric softener sheet in the bottom of your laundry basket (remember to change it weekly.) You can also simply sprinkle some baking soda in the bottom of your basket and that will help absorb the odors as well.

I received this in my mail from the Daily OM and thought I would share it.

May 22, 2007
Hope In Hardship

Anything Can Be Overcome

The journey that each human being makes through earthly existence can have hardship as often as it is touched by joy. When we encounter adversity, the stress we feel can erode our optimism, eventually convincing us that the issues we face cannot be overcome. In truth, there is no situation so dire, no challenge so great, and no choice so bewildering that it cannot be overcome. Though we may believe that all avenues have been closed to us or that our most conscientious efforts will come to naught, we are never without feasible options. The best course of action may be veiled in doubt, but it is there. When we are honest with ourselves with regard to this simple fact, we can overcome anything because we will never stop looking for a solution to the challenges before us.

Self-trust coupled with a sturdy plan is the ultimate antidote to adversity’s tendency to inspire disillusionment in the human mind. As difficult as the obstacle plaguing you seems, it is no match for the love of a supportive universe that has been a part of your life since the day of your birth and will be with you forevermore. Try not to be misguided by your fear as this gives rise to the notion that there are problems without solutions. If you believe in your capabilities and dedicate yourself to the creation of some form of resolution, you will be surprised to discover that paths that were once closed to you miraculously open. Even if all you can do is change your perspective to turn an impediment into an opportunity to grow, you will have found the hope that is an inherent element of all hardship.

Remember that your destiny is a product of your own creation. Even when it seems you have nowhere left to turn, there is a solution waiting for you. The only insurmountable obstacles are the ones you create in your own mind—and these can only exert power over you if you let them. Uncertainty will always be a part of your existence, but perseverance and mindfulness will never fail to see you through to the other side of hardship where joy can thrive. Try and remember that no matter what life places at your feet, there is absolutely no situation that cannot be resolved with time, love, and friendship.

I also received the following email from Spark People and the message is similar so I wanted to share it too.

"The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground." - Unknown

Believing in yourself no matter what


On July 24, 2004, there was a 0% chance of rain in Cincinnati. No way was it going to rain, according to the people who should know best. You know what? Despite millions of dollars worth of sensors, computers, and forecasting systems, the weather experts were wrong. It rained, against all odds. This is not a criticism of weather people. It's just a reminder of all the people who were given 0% chance of making it by the "experts," but who succeeded anyway. Whenever accomplishments are on the line, there are always voices whispering, preaching--even shouting--that it can't be done. Sometimes, that voice is coming from inside our own heads. If you're having doubts about your abilities, just remember: How many times have the naysayers been proven wrong? No matter what anyone says--no matter what you might believe--it can be done. The nut can become a tree. There's always a chance of rain.

No matter what we are facing there always seems to be one "Negative Nelly" in the crowd.  You know who I'm talking about...that one person who always has to point out the bad..."it won't work", "I don't think you can", "it's just impossible", etc, etc.

Why do people have to be like that?  If someone is willing to make an effort, to take on what seems insurmountable, to do what no one else is willing to try to do, to face a challenge head on...why would someone else beat down their will?  It just doesn't make sense.

Sure, be realistic about things, but in the same sense realize the positives as well as the negatives.  And voice those louder than anything else!  If there is one positive against 10 negatives...its still a positive, there's still a chance.  Sheesh, even if there seems to be no positive in a barrel full of negatives...theres always hope...and that's a positive.  Isn't it?

How many times have we heard of people having zero chance of coming out of a coma and they do?  How many times have we heard of someone being diagnosed with a deadly disease and they survive?  I believe it is HOPE and FAITH that give people the will to persevere and survive.

Years ago I let the darkness of despair grab a hold of me (depression).  I've been at the end of my rope.  I almost lost that battle...but I learned to hold on (loosely at first).  I'm so glad I did.  There would be so much I would have missed out on if I had given in.  I learned how to stand up for myself and those I love. 

It's not easy...sometimes I feel "Negative Nelly" rearing her ugly head...but it's much easier to slap her down these days.  LOL...that's funny...now I'm picturing this cartoon of me with a head (negative nelly) growing out of the back of my should and me slapping the *itch down. 

Well, I'm going to end this before I do what I usually do, and go off topic. 

Have a great day.
Hugs!
Preview

No comments: