Well, I got this recipe, for Beef Stroganoff, in the mail from SparkPeople.com. Some of our kids will eat it, some won't, but just about every meal is like that. I like Beef Stroganoff (especially the one that comes in a box, lol).
Using lean top round, plain low-fat yogurt, and very little salt makes this a heart-healthy dish.
1 pound lean beef (top round)
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup beef broth
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
6 cups macaroni, cooked in unsalted water
1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add beef and sauté for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
3. Add remaining oil to pan; sauté mushrooms.
4. Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings.
5. Add beef broth, yogurt; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
NUTRITION INFO(per 6-ounce serving)
Fat: 11.1 g
Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
Protein: 33.1 g
Have a great day!
Hugs & love,