Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday Tip

                        Preview

A cleaning tip, or two, that you may find useful.  As I say on my Web page, these are tips that have been emailed to me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I have not tried all of them and do NOT guarantee their effectiveness.  If you do try one and it works, or if you have another one that works for you, let me know.

Glitter on Clothing: That new sparkly shirt shedding glitter all over the place? Spray with aerosol hair spray to make it stay put. Wash separately from other clothes, or at least wash it inside out if you must wash with other articles of clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The word of the day today at the dictionary link is:

zephyr n. - 1) a breeze from the west 2) a gentle breeze 3) any of various lightweight fabrics and articles of clothing

Let me throw another one out there that I am sure we all know in one way or another...

Manipulate (transitive verb) 1) to treat or operate with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner  2) to manage or utilize skillfully b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage  3)to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose
 
For example, if you say you are going to spend some time at your parents cottage and your spouse/boyfriend/partner replies with "I may be here when you get back or I may not"...well, you are being manipulated so you won't go.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Here are some links some may find useful.  Even if you don't need them now, one day you may or you may know someone who does.  The second one may hit a strong chord with some when you start ready further down the page.  The third one really gives some good information and descriptions.  Good luck, best wishes and many hugs to those of you who may be going through this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope your all doing well.  The past few weeks have been kind of eratic...crazy...depressing...like living the year 1999 all over again.  One of the worst years of my life.  I'm trying to keep posting my regular entries so I have at least one thing stable, or normal in my daily activities. 

However, I am contemplating taking a break.  If I do so, I will try to post an entry so it isn't like I suddenly fall off the face of the earth.

Hugs!
Preview

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand needing a break. I think at times we all that time. To relfect and just breathe. Take care. Let me know....


Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. If you need a break then you should take it. Everyone needs one from time to time. There's nothing wrong with that.

http://journals.aol.com/pookyluvsu/BehindHazelEyes/

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I must try the hairspray trick - my daughter (and me as well) both have lots of glittery shirts!

Anonymous said...

I will have to try the hairspray trick ... I have a lot of shirts with glitter on them :) thanks for the tip!

Theresa