Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Tuesday Tips and more

                           Preview

A cleaning tip, or two, that you may find useful.  As I say on my Web page, these are tips that have been emailed to me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I have not tried all of them and do NOT guarantee their effectiveness.  If you do try one and it works, or if you have another one that works for you, let me know.

 
Gasoline On Clothing: Gasoline is an oil based product, therefore, use another oil based product to pull out the odor (which is left because all the gas oil has not been removed yet). You can use any kind of oil that normally washes out of clothing, like baby oil. Put some of the oil into the washer along with the shorts, let it swish around for a while, then put in the detergent and all should come out okay.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Well the glorious sun and warm weather seemed to have finally settled in.  I got this link in my mail the other day, from Better Homes and Garden, for tips on how to paint wicker furniture.  I thought I would put it here in case anyone is planning on fixing up their wicker furniture.  When going to the BHG site, they always have this little subscription box that pops up, just let the dang thing come up until you see the "close" box in the upper right corner and then click that.  I would absolutely love their site if it wasn't for that stupid box coming up everytime you go to a new page.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I also wanted to share this site link...Vocal Point...it's a cool little MOM type site.  I actually received a DVD in the mail from them the other day.  Apparently Animal Planet is coming out with a new show on Friday, June 9th called "Meercat Manor".  Uh, yeah it's about meercats, lol.  So they sent a preview of it on this DVD, cool huh?  I just love getting free stuff.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Well, I guess that is about it.  This always goes so much faster when I pre-plan my entry the evening before and just have to copy and paste my graphic and the links on here.  I love when I can be so organized.  Of course, it's also a lot easier when Rylie is still asleep too, lol.  Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
 
Have a super day!
 
Hugs,
Preview

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. And I am a fan of BHG. You are full of usefull stuff. Have a great day...

Brenda
http://journals.aol.com/xomywayox/BrendasWay/

Anonymous said...

Hum...that's a new one on me.  Baby oil.  I spray WD 40 on Pete's oily stuff.  That works well, but costs more than baby oil.  Pinesol added to a wash gets out an awful lot of grease and grime.  -  Barbara