Friday, June 23, 2006

Home Remedy

                   Preview

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks.

Puffiness under the eyes

  • All you need is a dab of Preparation H®, carefully rubbed into the skin, avoiding the eyes. The hemorrhoid ointment acts as a vasoconstrictor, relieving the swelling instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I've never tried that, but I do remember hearing that Conan O'Brian used it around his eyes.  The things you can do with butt cream.  Which reminds me.  Last Thursday I had a small fever blister on my lip that I wanted to get rid of, so I started looking around on the internet for a remedy.

I found lots of things that were suggested.  But the one thing that I did have here in the house was shaving cream.  So I started rubbing a small amount of that onto it that afternoon.  By Friday morning the blister had gotten much smaller and I could tell it would soon be, yuck, scabbing over.

So I then started alternating between putting Neosporin and Boudreaux's butt paste on it.  It healed up quite nicely.  It scabbed a little bit, but not as much as they usually tend to.  Boudreaux's is a great diaper rash cream that I have found to be good for a lot of uses.  I once spent too much time in the sun and burnt my lips.  I put that on and it helped a lot.  I've also used it on my face when I got sunburned and my skin didn't peel. 

Ray once got a nasty, itchy rash under his arm and I told him to put it on that too.  I think it only took 2, maybe 3 days, and the rash disappeared.  Butt creams...the recommended product today, lol.

Have a good day and a wonderful weekend!

Hugs!
Preview

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes that is a good remedy. I have used that before and it works pretty good. I have a friend that uses the butt paste on dry skin and it helps alot. Have a great weekend.

http://journals.aol.com/pookyluvsu/BehindHazelEyes/

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

lol, that's funny ... I would have never thought butt cream was good for so many uses!

Theresa