Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday Tip

 
                         Preview

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks.

Pain Reliever

  • Mix 3 Tbls. of honey in boiled water and drink. Honey has natural pain-relieving powers.

I wonder if it works for a pain in the a_ _?  LOL  I wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this was my Daily OM for yesterday. ..

 June 14, 2006
An Unconditional Gift

Kindness

In the quest to create a gentler, more loving world, kindness is the easiest tool we can use. Though it is easy to overlook opportunities to be kind, our lives are replete with situations in which we can be helpful, considerate, thoughtful, and friendly to loved ones and associates, as well as strangers. The touching, selfless acts of kindness that have the most profoundly uplifting effects are often the simplest: a word of praise, a gentle touch, a helping hand, a gesture of courtesy, or a smile. Such small kindnesses represent an unconditional, unrestricted form of love that we are free to give or withhold at will. When you give the gift of kindness, whether in the form of assistance, concern, or friendliness, your actions create a beacon of happiness and hope that warms people's hearts.

The components of kindness are compassion, respect, and generosity. Put simply, kindness isthe conscious act of engaging others in a positive way without asking whether those individuals deserve to be treated kindly. All living beings thrive on kindness. A single, sincere compliment can turn a person's entire world around. Holding a door or thanking someone who has held a door for you can inspire others to practice politeness and make already kind individuals feel good about their efforts. Smiling at people you meet-even those who make you feel like frowning-can turn a dreary encounter into a delightful one, for both of you. Every kind act has a positive influence on the individual who has performed said act as well as on the recipient, regardless of whether the act is acknowledged. Kindness brings about more kindness and slowly but surely takes a positive toll on humanity.

Weaving the thread of kindness into your everyday life can be as easy as choosing to offer a hearty "Good morning" and "Good night" to your coworkers or neighbors, a stranger on the street, or the grocery store clerk. When you commit a kind act, you are momentarily disconnected from your ego and bonded with the individual who has benefited from your kindness. Being fully present in each moment of your life facilitates kindness as it increases your awareness of the people around you. You'll discover that each act of kindness you engage in makes the world,in some small way, a better place.

It seems like a really good philosophy, a great way to live your life.  Although with the mood I am in today...I just keep thinking this is how I have tried to be.  Yet those that I have tried to help, to reach out to, to connect with in some way, just turn around and treat me like a piece of dog doo-doo.  They turn around and talk chit about me behind my back, like I'm not going to hear about it.  I guess they should be more careful when it comes to who they talk to.  They even make up lies about me just so they have something to complain about.  I have gone out of my way, re-arranged my life...and that is how I get treated.  I end up getting taken for granted and treated like a ratty ol' welcome mat.  Like I am here for nothing more than to do for them.

But here is the thing.  I don't want to give anyone so much power, or control, over me that I change the way I am because of them.  So I will continue to be loving, kind, giving and go out of my way for others.  HOWEVER, I will NOT let the same people walk all over me again and again.  I am NOT here to be a servant for others.  I am NOT here to be taken advantage of.  I will learn to say "no" when I need to, and I will definately stand up for myself.  I DO deserve to be respected, especially in my own home! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How about another recipe?  I got this one in my email the other day and I thought it sounded like something worth trying.  Especially if your trying to get your family to eat healthier.  Have ya'll tried ground turkey yet?  Well, this recipe sounds so tasty that your family might not even realize that it isn't hamburger.  Let me know what ya think.

Grilled Turkey Burgers
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Prep: 25 minutes
Grill: 14 minutes
 
Ingredients
1   beaten egg
1/3  cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/4  cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
2   green onions, finely chopped
2  tablespoons milk
1/2  teaspoon salt
1/8  teaspoon pepper
1  pound ground raw turkey
2  tablespoons orange marmalade
5   rye or wheat sandwich buns, split
   Shredded lettuce (optional)
   Tomato slices, halved (optional)
   Onion slices (optional)

Directions
1.
In large mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, green pepper, onions, milk, salt, and pepper. Add turkey and mix well. Shape mixture into five 3/4-inch-thick patties.
2.
Grill patties on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn patties and brush with marmalade. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F.. Toast cut sides of buns on grill. Serve patties in buns and, if desired, with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Makes 5 servings.
To grill by indirect heat:
Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above pan. Place patties on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 24 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degreesF., turning patties once halfway through grilling time and brushing with marmalade.

Nutrition facts per serving:

calories: 289
total fat: 11g
saturated fat: 2g
cholesterol: 77mg
sodium: 396mg
carbohydrate: 30g
fiber: 1g
protein: 17g
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Have a glorious day!
 
Hugs!
Preview

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say HI.
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Let me know if that works on pain in the a--- LoL...

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Oh do tell if you find something to help with the pain in the a$$....lol...huggies..terryann

Anonymous said...

Might need to try that honey remedy.  Need to find some local honey for allergies, too.  If you are having a pain in the A**, perhaps you should try kindness!?  You know the old saying, kill them with kindness.  And the bible says it is like heaping coals of fire on their head.  ;o)  -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

I should try that home remedy since I get headaches alot. Have a great weekend.

http://journals.aol.com/pookyluvsu/BehindHazelEyes/

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi hun,pity you dont have a guestbook I was gonna sign it,anyway,I have snagged some tags from your other site,so in return I have provided a link on my site straight to you,I made the tag for that and its in my 'about me' bit,so come and see if you get time,all the best xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/