Friday, January 25, 2008

Black and White...mostly

It's always great to have someone new come and leave a comment or two.  This week it was Dan from Slapinions.  So I wandered over to take a peek at Dans journal.  By doing that I found Krissy's weekly photo shoot in her journal at Sometimes I Think.  This week the subject is "Black and White". 

Perfect!  I love black and white pictures!  First, there is this picture that I found just this year.  I'd never seen it before.  It is my mother and I sitting on a lawn chair back when I was probably 3 or 4.  Just about Rylies age.  So I'm going to share that one first.

And no...that is not a cigarette in my mouth.  Apparently I was chewing on my hood string.  Don't ask...it was years ago and I have no idea why.  LOL

The next one is a picture I took of Rylie this Christmas.  I converted it to black and white.  However, I love her blue eyes and couldn't bear to change those too, so I left them blue, although they look so blue gray in this picture so their color is a wee bit hard to see.

Well, that's it.  My Black and White photo shoot.  That was fun.  I'll have to be sure to go back and participate again.

Have a great weekend and be safe!

Welcome to any newcomers & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

 She looks alot like you did as a child, very pretty and very nice photo's


                  Julie

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I was on the phone with my mother-in-law when I clicked on your journal and was stunned to see that photo! Your Mom, at least in that single photo, looks exactly like my mother-in-law did in all the photos of my wife's childhood. Freaky coincidence.

Thanks for the mention.

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of you and your mom, you both look like you were having a good time laughing and enjoying being together. :-)

Your daughter is beautiful  I've often done the same thing with my granddaughter as I love her blue eyes.  

Hope to see you around more!

Monica

Anonymous said...

great pictures and memories I'm sure of the picture with you/your mom! your kids are beautiful/handsome!

betty

Anonymous said...

Cool shots, glad to see you playing along!
Martha ~

Anonymous said...

love the black and white photos.

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Val, Krissy's sister.  Nice black and white photos!  You are a doll!  So is Rylie!  Hugs!
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason/entries/2008/01/24/black-and-white-photo-shoot.../2033

Anonymous said...

Great photos!  You were a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She is sooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd looked at all of the entries. The one of Rylie is lovely.
;^) Jan the Gryphon
http://journals.aol.com/gryphondear/Gryphondears-Word-of-the-Day/entries/1265/

Anonymous said...

Shalom Jill;
I just love the pictures of your family. Such a beautiful and loving group. Blessings upon you and your family.
Laini

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics!!!  Rylie is ADORABLE!!!!  And so were you!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Rylie is beautiful!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful.  good job.
gina