Thursday, January 17, 2008

Home remedy-- Smelly Feet

Good Morning!  Thursday seems such a "hopeful" day to me.  It means just one more day until Friday.  Then 2 whole days spent with my honey. 

Smelly Feet

  •  Soak feet in strong tea for 20 minutes every day until the smell disappears. To prepare your footbath, brew two tea bags in 2 1/2 cups of water for 15 minutes and pour the tea into a basin containing two liters of cool water.

You could also use this cleaning/household tip.

Smelly Shoes

  • Simply fill a tube sock with kitty litter, baking soda, or tea leaves; tie the end closed; and place the filled socks in the shoes when you're not wearing them. These sachets can be used over and over in any kind of shoe.

I remember when we were kids my mom wouldn't buy us leather or vinyl tennis shoes.  She said they made our feet sweat and then the shoes really stank.  I think it was her imagination and way of keeping the cost of buying shoes for us kids down.  LOL  She would take us to Big N or K-mart and buy us those bright blue and white nylon shoes. 

We didn't like them, but what could we do?  She was the parent.  She bought the shoes and that was what she told us we were getting.  So I'm left to wonder about kids and shoes these days.  How is it that kids are able to wear these shoes that cost over a hundred dollars?!  I think the shoes mom bought us were under $10. 

Where are parents coming up with this kind of money?  And why do they think it is necessary to spend this amount of money on shoes?  I just don't get it.  I think it is stupid and ridiculous to spend that kind of money on one pair of shoes.  Do you know what I could do with that kind of money?  I could feed my family for 10-14 days.  I could pay my phone bill and fill up both our cars with that kind of money.  I could buy my daughter 8-10 pair of shoes at payless.  Maybe more if they are having a sale!  I could pay 3/4 of my gas bill.  I don't understand parents these days, not at all. 

What ever happened to making your kids earn things that they want that exceed what you owe them as parents.  Yes, we must feed, clothe and shelter our children.  But we must also teach them values, morals, responsibility and the value of a dollar.  When I began babysitting on weekends at about age 11 or 12, I saved my money to buy the things that I wanted but my parents couldn't afford.  My older brother and I also delivered newspapers everyday to earn extra money.

At age 15 I got a regular job babysitting everyday after school for about $1.50 an hour.  At 17 I began working part-time in the evenings at a local store.  I think the minimum wage then was $3.35 an hour.  If I wanted a pair of Levi's (and I did) instead of the K-mart brand jeans, I saved up and bought them myself.

I can't tell you how many kids I've known who reach the age of 18 and have never had any kind of job at all.  They seem to think that their parents owe them whatever it is they want.  And I guess the (sad) thing is that you can't blame the kids for thinking this way.  Basically, it comes down to the parents.  They've raised their children to think that they, and the world, owe them something. 

I think somewhere along the way I (and my ex) did something right.  That is why my daughter actually remembered my birthday and did something so special for me.  Some how we created children that actually think beyond themselves.  That is why even my 3 year old will call out "you okay mommy?" if she hears me say "ouch" or "darn" or even cough. 

Oh yeah, sure we went through those "teen" years.  Where everything we did was wrong.  Where we didn't know anything about anything.  Where the world revolved around the teen and nothing else in the world mattered but what was going on in their lives.  It's amazing how much smarter we got when our children reached the age of 18 or 19, LOL.

Oops, I've rambled again.  LOL  I started talking about smelly feet and ended up here. 

Have a wonderful day. 
Welcome to any newcomers & hugs to all my friends!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: