Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Home Remedy--Sleeping

Mumble, grumble, mumble, #$%*&^* AOL!  Yep, I just had my entry nearly done and lost it somewhere.  It is now floating somewhere along with all the other #$%*&^* AOL entries that have been lost.  Grrrr at AOL!

Okay, Let's just start with the Home Remedy.  This is for those that may have a bit of trouble sleeping.

Sleeping Aid

  •  A drop or two of Lavendar Essential Oil in your bath water or on you pillow will aid in a more restful sleep.

Let's see.  Friday Samantha, best daughter ever, came up and picked up Rylie for the night.  Rylie was so excited, she was getting to use the new back pack, or as Rylie says "pack pack", that Santa brought for her.  Luckily this thing has a hadle and can be pulled on wheels.  It was well packed and much to heavy for her to carry on her back.

Saturday it seemed that no one remembered it was my birthday.  Well, except for the emails that I received from Coke, Pepsi and Clairol.  Then my Mom called that morning to wish me a "Happy Birthday".  At least it was important to one other person.  LOL 

Later when Ray pointed out some dust to me, I gently reminded him by saying "Okay, I'll get that, but can I do it on a day that's not my birthday?"  LOL  He felt like poo, but I told him it was okay.  I should have planned it better and tried not to be born so close to Christmas.  I went and ran an errand and when I came home I smelled cake baking.  What a sweetie. 

Then we were watching "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" when Mom stopped by.  She brought me a plaque by George Carruth.  It was even one that I had kind of picked out and wanted to get but never had the extra money to spend on something like that.  Here is a picture of it. 

Check out more of his work at the Carruth Studio site.  He has some really beautiful pieces. 

Then Sammi called me about bringing Rylie home and asked if I had eaten or had plans for dinner yet.  Nope.  Cool, because she was taking me out for my birthday dinner.  YEA!  What a beautiful and thoughtful child I have.  She remembered that I love seafood and took me to Red Lobster.  I haven't had lobster in about 8 years and it was as delicious as I remembered. 

Thank you Samantha!  I love you for remembering me and treating me so well.  You are not only a wonderful daughter but a great friend!

Then I had to get back to real life on Monday when I went to the doctor and he told me I have pleurisy.  Not sure what all that means.  But apprarently I have an infection, or something, in the layers surrounding my lungs.  More pills and antibiotics.  Sigh...

Have a great day & hugs to all my friends!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!  I was delighted to see you stopped by Caneyhead!  And surprised that you are still blogging.  I hadn't heard a peep out of you in ages or gotten an alert.  :o(  I went back and looked at several entries.  So glad to see what a beauty Riley is!  And happy your pain doesn't seem to be a hernia.....but I suppose any pain is miserable.  I'll try to get your alerts started again.  Stay in touch!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

When my husband and I were courting and recieveing from cancer treatment, I would often stay in the guestroom. When he couldn't sleep I would make him warm milk. (soy milk works also)
warm milk w/ cinninion, nutmeg, pat of butter, teaspoon of honey, teaspoon of valliana extract.
Works wonders.