Friday, May 19, 2006

Art

Well how about something a little different today?  Here is a beautiful piece of art by Sandro Botticelli.  It is called "The Birth of Venus" and is in the period of The Early Renaissance.  The image I've put here is just a small glimpse of the painting.  I removed alot of it because, even though it is artwork, it might be considered offensive to some people because of some nudity.  And goodness knows I don't want to be yelled at by AOL.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

To see the entire image click the link...The Birth of Venus.  When the page comes up, click on the small image of the picture and that will take you to a larger image to view.

To learn more about Sandro Botticelli and his art click the link...Sandro Botticelli.

Another artist that I really enjoy is one that I found by accident online.  Her name is Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.  She does a lot of fantasy type of art.  Most of it is done in watercolor (I love watercolors).  The fairies and Angels are absolutely beautiful.

She provides some banners for links so I am going to include one here.  I hope ya'll go check her out.  It is definately worth the visit, especially if you like fantasy art.

 

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, I am certainly no art critic or student of art, so I won't pretend to analyze or talk about it a bunch.  But I had fun going and checking out art by various artists today.  Perhaps I've found another weekly subject, lol.  Or perhaps one day soon Sascha will send me some pictures of her art and I can post it on here.  (Hint,hint Sascha.  LOL)

I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend.  Take care.

Hugs & love,

Preview

No comments: