Okay before we get to the usual stuff I want to pass this information along to everyone. This came in an email from Angel at Angels Artistic Expressions. It is a link to Make the Connection where you can get a FREE bracelet kit to show your support for cervical cancer. Please go here Order a FREE Bracelet Kit to order yours today.
After Samantha was born I had a suspicious pap smear. The doctor told me that if they had not caught it at that time it would have gone on to become full blown cancer in a very short time. They removed part of my cervix and the "bad" cells. After that I had another suspicious smear the very next year. Again they removed more of my cervix. Since then I have not had any problems.
I want to remind everyone that a yearly pap smear is very important. Make sure you get one, or that the women you love (mother, sister, etc) gets one. My wishes for a healthy life go out to you all.
Please forward the information about the link for the Free Bracelet onto everyone you know. Thanks!
Now, lets get to our Monday recipe of the day. Today it is for a Tex-Mex pasta. Mmmm.
Prep Time: 25 min
Makes: 6 servings Nutrition Information
Salsa and sausage kick up the heat in this pasta toss.
8 oz. uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
1 lb. bulk Italian turkey sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
2 cups Green Giant® Niblets® Frozen Corn
1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cook penne as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, spray nonstick wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink and thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
3. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini, corn, salsa, tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Add remaining 1 cup cheese and cilantro to mixture in wok; mix well. Add cooked penne; toss to mix. Spoon mixture onto serving platter. Garnish with reserved cheese and cilantro.
I was tagged by Rocketpopgirl. I hate tagging people...especially since I think I have done this one, or one very similar to it before and I don't want to tag the same people again. So if ya wanna play the game here ya go. Let me know if ya do so I can go read how weird ya'll are, lol.
Five weird things about ME:
1. I sleep with a 2 foot tall stuffed rabbit named Fred. He is like my huggy pillow and I can NOT sleep without him. He has even gone on vacation to Florida.
2. I have a slight OCD thing with numbers. For example, if I tap my finger I have to do it in a sequence of 4 times, then 3 times, then 2 times, then once. This started when I was a child and with floral wallpaper, when I went into this one room I had to touch this one spot on the wallpaper 3 times with my left hand, then my right hand.
3. I HAVE to have a blanket on me when I am sleeping. Even if it is hot as blazes, I still need to have a blanket covering me up or I cannot sleep.
4. I am a doormat. I let people mistreat me all the time. However, if you attack or mistreat someone I love, forget all about nice, quiet Jill. I may let people walk all over me, but I will NOT let anyone mistreat the people that I love.
5. I hate coffee! Yuck, it's like nasty, dirty water. So in the morning if I need that caffeine kick to get going I will drink a diet cola.
Have a great week everyone!
Hugs and love,