Well, we are suppose to be getting some warmer weather this week. It looks like the rain has finally moved out of the Toledo area. Thank goodness, it was beginning to get a bit depressing here with all those gray clouds hanging around.
So in salute to warm weather how about a Carribean Chicken recipe? This sounds different, real tropical like. I received the recipe in my email, I hope ya'll like it.
This sweet and spicy salad adds a bit of exotic flavor to just about any meal. Ready in just 20 minutes!
1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained, ¼ cup juice reserved
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
1 medium banana, diced
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1. In a large sauce pan cook rice according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sauté chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.
3. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.
4. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.
5. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.
6. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
7. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Well, have a great day everyone.
Hugs & love,