Monday, May 1, 2006

Meal Recipe

Todays recipe was one that was sent to me in an email newsletter from Kraft.com.  This sounds like a tasty one so I decided to share it with ya'll.  Maybe on a Friday you could send the kids to Grandma's house for the night, make this recipe, some margaritas and do the tango with your honey.    ; )

Taca Salad Tostada
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings, 1 tostada each

 
1 pkg. (14.25 oz.) Taco Bell Home Originals Taco
Dinner Cheesy Double Decker
 
1 lb. ground beef
 
1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
 
1 tomato, chopped
 
1-1/2 cups Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
 
1/2 cup Taco Bell Home Originals Salsa
 

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray both sides of Tortillas with
cooking spray, then place in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake
10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.

COOK and season meat with Taco Seasoning as directed
on package.

SPREAD each tortilla with 1 Tbsp. of the Nacho Cheese Sauce;
top with meat mixture and lettuce. Crumble 1 Taco Shell over
each tostada; top with tomato, cheese and salsa.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Friday I dropped my application at a nearby mobile home park.  They have a swimming pool there and every year they hire people to work as pool monitors.  I worked there 3 years ago (the summer I got pregnant with Rylie) and I really enjoyed it.  

Whats not to enjoy?  You sit by the pool, get your tan on, make sure people sign in and that they actually live there, check the chemicals and make any adjustments, and at the end of the summer you actually got paid to get a really awesome tan, lol.  

I figure this year Rylie is old enough for me to take with me while I work there.  I just have to make sure I slather the mega SPF on her pale little body.  We went to the pool a few times last year and she really loves the water.  I can just fasten her into her stroller while I am doing checking the chemicals and whatnot.  

There are usually quite a few kids around so she will actually get a chance to develop some social skills.  The best part is that it will actually get this housewife out of the house for a few hours a day and I finally have a few dollars to spend on me, or the kids.  

With the weather around here the pools usually don't open until Memorial day, so it might be awhile until I know.  I'll let ya all know when or if I hear about my application. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
This is a copy of the horoscope I received to day from The Daily Om.

May 1, 2006
Thanking Your Tribe
Capricorn Daily Horoscope


You may feel that you can do almost anything today especially if you feel buoyed by your loved ones’ support. You may even feel like reaching out to others to acknowledge your connections and tell them how much you appreciate their support. Your loved ones will likely be happy to hear how they have contributed to all you have accomplished. Though each person has likely added something different to your life, the love, guidance, and support have all contributed to your success. This can be a good time to compose thank-you notes for individuals who have helped you or give a small token of appreciation. Your desire to acknowledge the support you’ve relied on today will ensure that it continues.

Regularly thanking your network of loved ones can help you be more successful and feel more fulfilled. Though you are responsible for setting the goals you pursue, it is the people who care for you that give you the strength and the guidance to chase those dreams. Risky ventures feel less perilous when you are secure in the knowledge that a safety net of people will always be there to catch you if you fall. Should you falter, your loved ones will encourage you. And when you do succeed, it is those who love you that celebrate your triumph at your side. Express the gratitude you feel for your loved ones today, for they will always be there to lend a hand or a word of advice.

Wow, yeah.  That sounds like a really excellent idea.  I need to take the time to sit down and write to each one of my children and let them know how much they mean to me, how much I love them, and how their love means so much to me. 

Can you imagine receiving a letter like that out of the blue?  I used to find the time to do little things like that for the people in my life, time to make them feel special and let them know how important they are to me.  I think I need to find the time to start doing that again.  Oh heck, I'll be corny..."tell someone that you love them today", lol.

Have a wonderful day.  Hugs & love!  Jill Marie

No comments: