Friday, December 9, 2005

Drink mixes for gifts~Another easy gift idea

myspacemyspace graphics

Okay, here are a few more recipes for drink mixes that you can put in a jar and give as Christmas gifts. 

Spiced Mocha Mix

2 cups sweetened cocoa mix

1/3 cup instant coffee crystals

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Combine cocoa mix, coffee, and cinnamon.  Stir thoroughly.  Store in airtight containers.  Makes 2 1/4 cups mix.

Directions to pack with mix:  For one serving, combine 3 Tablesppons mix with 2/3 cup boining water in a cup.

Hot Tea Mix

1- 9 oz jar orange flavor breakfast drink powder (1 1/4 cups)

3/4 cup iced tea mix with lemon and sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Combine all the ingredients and mix well.  Store in airtight containers.  Makes 2 cups mix.

Directions to pack with mix:  For one serving, combine 2 tablesppons mix with 1 cup boiling water in a cup.

Another idea is to make homemade Christmas ornaments to give to family and/or friends.  I usually try to hit the stores right after Christmas is over, that way I can buy several boxes of plain colored glass ball ornaments real cheap. 

Using a paint pen/marker write something special on the ornaments.  I usually write a "Christmas" word (ie:peace, joy, etc.).

On the other side I write "Love Ray & Jill" with the year right under our names.  Then I usually do little stars all over.  

I have done these for at least the past 5 or 6 years for our kids.  That way when they move out on their own, they will have a few ornaments to hang on their tree. 

I also did this for my friend when she got married.  As a matter of fact, I just got an e-mail from Sascha yesterday.  Their tree fell over the other night and thank goodness only 3 ornaments broke.  One of the 3 was the one I made for them the year they got married.

Don't worry Sascha, I don't know when I will get it done and mailed out to you, but you will get another one.

Last night I made 2 batches of Chex mix for our Christmas party.  I don't think it will last until the 17th.  Oh I am not worried about it staying fresh, I am worried about there being any left, lol.  So I suppose I will make some more today along with some of the baking I will be doing.  Didn't I just get done with a bunch of baking and cooking?  LOL

I also got some of the fillo (or is it phyllo?) dough yesterday.  I've heard that you can use that to make some goodies or appetizers.  I will be off searching the internet today for some recipes for that.

Well, I guess that is all for now.  I hope you find some of this useful and visiting me today wasn't a complete waste of your time. 

                           myspacemyspace graphics

I just want to add that my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the 8 year old boy killed in last nights tragedy at the Chicago airport. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious.
Where do you come up with such great ideas ??
You are very creative.