Saturday, December 17, 2005

More homemade gifts~My freaky lil' streaker~Friday 5'er

Well geez, I should have kept a list of all the gift and recipe idea's I have posted on here.  Now I can't remember what I put here and what I didn't, and I certainly don't want to sit here this morning and read through my archives.  Booooring!

So I am just gonna put these 2 up and hope that I don't already have them on here.  If I am repeating myself by posting them, I apologize.  If so, then I guess you could just consider this a re-run, lol.

Scent Jars

8 oz. clear, unscented glycerin soap

1 teaspoon Fragrance or Essential oil

10 drops food coloring

3 4-oz. jelly jars

Melt soap in top half of double-boiler. As soon as it is melted, add fragrance and color and pour into jars. Let set for six to eight hours. Place lids on jars. Open jars will lightly scent rooms for several weeks.

And...

Fizzing Bath Bombs

1 cup citric acid

3 cups baking soda

Fragrance or Essential oil

Water and a spray bottle

Mix citric acid and baking soda, add scent until it reaches the strength you desire. Using a spray bottle, add a fine mist of water to the dry ingredients. Mix in well. Continue adding small amounts of water until the mixture begins to clump.

Press mixture into candy or soap molds--plastic molds work best.  Continue packing mixture until no more can be packed into the mold.  If you don't have any molds, you can just roll them into small balls.

Let mixture dry. This may take anywhere from a couple hours to several days, depending on humidity. When shaped bath bombs pop out of the containers easily, they are done. Seal individually in plastic wrap.

To use: Drop one or two into running bath water

My freaky lil' streaker:  So yesterday morning my lil' streaker (Rylie, not Ray) gets up and is watching her Disney cartoons in the living room.  I was in the kitchen getting ready for our Christmas party tonight, I am such a baking fool, lol.

I walked over to the living room to see what kind of trouble lil' Miss was getting into, you can never be too sure of what she is doing when she gets quiet.  I look in and there she is, standing in the middle of the room looking "oh so cute". 

She had removed her footy pj's and was wearing nothing but her diaper, her new snow boots and a little white ball cap that say's "princess" in pink stitching.  She was just standing there watching the Doodle-bops with her hand down the back of her diaper scratching her lil' bum.  LOL

I went to get the camera, but the card was reading "full".  I have to get that thing in and get those pictures developed, or get a new card.  (Yeah, if any of the kids are reading this...I need another SD digital memory card)

Of course, when she finally noticed me standing there, useless camera in hand, she got all excited and started showing off her new "style" by dancing around the room. 

She does this funny little dance where she always leads with the right leg and does this little push up on her toes.  The left leg just kind of gets pulled along as that right leg leads the way.  Oh, and of course, that little hand was down the back of her diaper almost the entire time she was dancing, lol. 

Okay, I've been tagged by Hadonfield...

Friday 5'er

1.  Do you ever go to someone's journal and just think to yourself, "Oh brother...here they go again...get over it already!"  And do you think your answer is naughty or nice? 

Everytime I go to my own private journal, lol.  Oh, maybe in my public one too.  I do tend to ramble on a bit.

2.  I kinda think naughty can be fun and nice can get boring. Tell us something you have done lately that was naughty. 

I sat on Ray's lap and asked him to play "Santa" with me {{wink}}.  He fell asleep that night, but the next morning Santa was here bright and early!!!!  Woooohooooo!

3.  Have you ever used the "If you are naughty Santa won't bring you any presents" line on your kids?  And if they remained naughty did you ever withold their presents? 

Yes, but unfortunately it never works.  I already use it on Rylie and she has no idea who the big guy is yet, lol. 

Withold presents???  Are we allowed to do that?  Hey!  Is someone trying to tell me that Santa isn't real?! 

4.  If you were at the work Christmas party and your "naughty" boss gave you a squeeze on your back side would you tell anyone? 

Hmmm, well I am a SAHM...so does that make Ray my boss?  If so I think ya'll know my answer would be that I would toss him on the kitchen table, take advantage of him and probably tell EVERYONE, lol!

Umm, if that makes Rylie my boss...and she does walk up behind me and smack my bum by the way, a little something she learned from daddy.  Well, with her I would just laugh, smack her on the bum, and we would probably end up in a giggle fest.

5.  Tell us about an unexpected nice thing someone has done for you this December...or something nice you have done for something else that wasn't expecting it.

I went shopping for someone who really didn't deserve my time.  I am planning on taking baked goods to the little old lady across the street and our neighbor who just lost his wife in September. 

Wow, now I feel bad...I've been so busy and all, I feel like I kind of got lost in the hustle and bustle of the season and lost sight of what it is really all about. 

Okay, well I am off to tag some of ya'll!  With my luck I will tag people that already got tagged.  Have a glorious day!

~Jill Marie

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. I'll play:)

Niki
journals.aol.com/thinkingoutloud/ThinkingOutLoud/