Sunday, December 4, 2005

Gift Idea~to give to grandparents

This idea came from something I did when David, now almost 20, was about 5 years old.  I think this would make a great project for children from the age of about 3 on up.

I went and bought a big sheet of poster board and a frame to hold it.  Then I gave David some crayons and asked him to color me a picture.  He made a picture of our house, daddys car in the driveway, him and his sister in the baby pool in the back yard and me in the garden.

I loved it!  As a matter of fact, I hung it up in the entranceway so everyone could see it when they came into the house.

I think as a gift for the grandparents though that an 8x10 picture and frame, or around there, would be a good size to use.  (Duh! What was I thinking, I meant 10x12)  Ask your child to leave a corner at the bottom un-colored (is that a word?). 

Then while they are coloring the picture for the grandparents take a picture of them.  Before framing the artwork, glue stick the picture on that bare corner.  On the back of the picture frame, you know that boring old cardboard, use a paint marked to write the childs name and the date they did the project. 

I think this is a gift that most grandparents would love to get.  Better than any old Picasso or Monet. 

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: