Okay, here are some recipes for a few more homemade gifts. I hope some of you find these useful.Bath Salts
The Bath Salts will make a great gift. Keep your eyes open for some unusual jars to use.
You will need:
Large glass or metal mixing bowl
2 cups Epsom's salts
1 cup Sea salt, rock salt or coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon Glycerin
Essential oil for fragrance such as vanilla, citrus or peppermint, optional
Clean, dry jars with cork stoppers or metal screw-on lid
How To Make It
Try and do this on a day with low humidity, the salt will absorb moisture from the air.
- Combine salts in bowl and mix well. Add a couple drops of food coloring and mix well.
- Add glycerin and essential oil (4 or 5 drops) and mix well.
- Spoon salts into the jars and close them.
- Make a gift tag with the scent (if you used one) and suggest using 1/3 to 1/2 cup in the bath.
- Makes 3 cups of bath salts.
Bathtime Bubble Jelly
You will need:
Packet unflavored Gelatin
3/4 Cup water
1/2 Cup clear liquid soap or bubble bath
Food Coloring (optional)
Plastic jar with lid (e.g. peanut butter jar)
Small plastic bath toy(for child) or other decorative little items
Assorted items to make label
- Empty the packet of gelatin into amixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the water until it begins to boil. Immediately remove water from heat source. Carefully pour the hot water into mixing bowl and gently mix with gelatin powder. Allow gelatin to completely dissolve. Be patient! This may take a few minutes.
- S-l-o w-l-y and gently stir in the liquid soap to the gelatin mixture. Add a drop of food coloring and 5-8 drops of fragrance oil. (Be careful not to beat mixture, bath jelly will become foamy if you do.)
- Pour your potion into a clean, clear container. Place a small toy or other item inside jar as a treat!
- Refrigerate Bubble Jelly until set (about 4 hours). As the jelly sets, come up with a name for your creation! Attach label to bath jelly jar.
- To use, scoop a small amount (approx. 2 T) of jelly into your hand and hold under warm running water for a bubbly bath-time treat!
Vanilla Lip Gloss
You will need:
1 Tablespoon Petroleum Jelly
1 Tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
1 1/2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Heat ingredients together in a double-boiler and pour into jars. Cool and seal.Body Polish
Makes 1 (12 ounce) jar.
1 (3-inch) vanilla bean
1 1/3 cups lightly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup oil*
1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
Place vanilla bean in decorative 1 1/2-cup container with lid. Set aside.
Stir sugar, oils and spice mix together in mixing bowl. Pack mixture into decorative container.
*Oils include canola, light olive oil, sweet almond, avocado, apricot, jojoba, macadamia, rose hip, grapeseed, suflower or safflower oil or any blend of these.
Attach a card with the following instructions:
BROWN SUGAR BODY POLISH: For smooth skin that glows, apply well-stirred scrub to moiStened skin and gently exfoliate with circular motion. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. This product is NOT for facial use. CAUTION: The scrub may cause the floor of the shower or tub to become slippery.