So I was just in the kitchen trying to clean the nasty grease build up off of the range exhaust hood. It can be a tough job if you are out of grease cutting cleaner like I am today.
So was trying to use this cheap orange cleaner I got at the dollar store. It was not working well at all. You know how grease just kind of gunks up and doesn't want to come off. That was what I was dealing with. So I think "what can I use that would act as a mild abrasive?" I didn't want to scratch that glorious beige enamel paint, lol.
So I put a little bit of powder dishwasher detergent on my wet sponge. All I can say is...Wow! It just whipped right through that nasty grease. I am now off to try to tackle that nasty grease that collects under the edges of those silver thingies beneath the burners. I just wanted to share this one with ya'll before I forgot to do it. Hm, better go add it to my cleaning page too.
PS~I almost forgot the most interesting part of all that. As I was wiping my wet sponge and trying to clean around the light & fan knobs, I heard a little buzzing sound (almost like a bee or fly).
Then I noticed a bit of smoke coming from under the one knob. "Oh crap! One of the wires must be exposed!" So I grab a wet towel to try to dry it off, and as I stupidly reach up and grab the knob...yep, I got shocked. Yozzers! What a ding bat, lol.
No problems though. I think I got it dry, it stopped smoking and I am keeping an eye on it.