Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My non-resolution diet

Well if famished was a "mood"...I'd have that clicked up there, lol.  So I did NOT make any New Years resolutions, too easy to break and then just another reason to feel bad about myself, lol.  But on Monday I did finally resume my Low Carb "lifestyle" (lets not use the dirty "D" word).

Just before I found out I was pregnant with Rylie I was doing the Low Carb thing.  I dropped about 20 pounds in about a month.  I swore I would go right back on it after she was born, but I'll be if carbs aren't the only thing I crave day and night.  But I finally just jumped into it on Monday.

For dinner I had a bratwurst (only 3 grams) done on the George Foreman, a half a cup of steamed cauliflower and broccoli (4 grams in 3/4 cup) and a small bowl of salad.  Oh, and my ever trusty glass of ice water.  Yummy, huh?  Everyone else?  They got mac and cheese with their brat, and some creamed corn (ick). 

Yeah, I slacked on their dinner, lol.  Oh well, they know where the kitchen is.  I'm sure they do, there are always dirty glasses in there when I get up in the morning, lol.

Yeah, I just have to remind myself that I have eaten.  Yes I did.  And it was good too.  But I could really go for anything carb-y, lol.  I did buy some sugar free banana popsicles today, I think there is maybe 9 carbs in one of those.  But I want to save that splurge for when I just can't stand it anymore.  

Well, I have to go refill my ice water, mmmm, yummy.  Have a good night kids!

~Jill Marie 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get some Splenda. Add some to your water and some lemon juice....VIOLA lemonaid. Or some Crystal Light. Drink green tea

Anonymous said...

Carbs are my best friend. Horrible I know. I can not help it . . . I LOVE PASTA . . .  but I sure don't like this size 14 figure. . . lol.

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin