Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Tuesday Cleaning Tip

           Preview 

A cleaning tip, or two, that you may find useful.  As I say on my Web page, these are tips that have been emailed to me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I have not tried all of them and cannot guarantee their effectiveness.  If you do try one and it works, or if you have another one that works for you, let me know.    

Well, today I am putting two tips here, the first one to help you with any "live" gifts that Santa may have given you or your children for Christmas.  The second one, well we all take a bunch of pictures during the holiday season, right?  And if your like me, you might set them down somewhere and the next thing you know a few days, weeks (or years) have gone by and now, some how the pictures are stuck together.  Hope these help someone.    

Pet Urine on Carpet: First, blot up what you can with paper towels. Then, with warm, soapy water and a clean cloth, blot the area clean; rinse with clean water; blot until dry. Next, combine 1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup water and dab it on stain; rinse with clean water; blot until dry. Once the area is totally dry (at least 24 hours), sprinkle entire carpet with baking soda or rug deodorizer; vacuum after a few hours. 

Photos Stuck Together: With a hair dryer on low, slowly melt them apart.

I think that is about it for today.  I am having another one of my marathon headaches, I think this is about day 3 or 4 this time.  I can't look at this screen much longer.  Ya'll have a great day!

Jill Marie

 PS~Okay, when I try to put in backgrounds, I get funky tiny boxes.  When I try to do background color, I get colored boxes.  That is it.  No more fancy smancy stuff from this girl.  Well, nothing that I cant just copy and paste in here, that is.  I'm just too computer stupid.

 

YEA!  Thanks Monica!  Great tip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, we have a dog who is about 16 years old and has lost control of his bladder. these tips are very useful.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I tried the hairdryer on some photos of mine, and yeah it did work!  Thanks, I thought they were a lost cause.  

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill! I just found your journal today through a link from another journal. I'm glad I found it! I will be back....

If you hold down the shift key and the return key at the same time, you shouldn't get the white in between the paragraphs. I hope this helps. I am really computer illerate, so I don't know if this answers your problem or not. LOL.... But that is how I do it when I put in backgrounds.

***Monica
http://journals.aol.com/chseroo/LivingLifeandLovinit