Thursday, January 26, 2006

Busy Thursday~Remedies Tip~Low-Carbs Update

Whew...almost forgot to get on here and do this.  My sister-in-law and good friend stopped over for a visit today.  I love when she comes by, no matter how I feel that day she always makes me laugh.  And I need some of that these days.  Are ya out there Cathy-babe?  I love ya!  Alright, on with our regularly scheduled program, lol.

    Preview

These are home health remedies that have been emailed to me or that I found on the Internet.  I have not tried them all and do NOT guarantee the effectiveness of them.  If you try one and it works, or if you have one that works for you, please email me.  Thanks.   Diarrhea
  • Eat boiled sweet potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper before bedtime to cure chronic diarrhea.
  • For some people eating blueberries works very well. 

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                         Preview

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Daily OM for today:

January 26, 2006
Conditioned Response

Reactions To Life Events

Our experiences color everything. The events of the past can have a profound effect on how we see our lives now and what we choose to believe about our world. Our past experiences can also influence our emotional reactions and responses to present events. Each of us reactsto stimulus based on what we have learned in life. There is no right or wrong to it; it is simply the result of past experience. Later, when our strong feelings have passed, we may be surprised at our reactions. Yet when we face a similar situation, again our reactions may be the same. When we understand those experiences, we can come that much closer to understanding our reactions and consciously change them.

Between stimulus and reaction exists a fleeting moment of thought. Often, that thought is based on something that has happened to you in the past. When presented with a similar situation later on, your natural impulse is to unconsciously regard it in a similar light. For example, if you survived a traumatic automobile accident as a youngster, the first thing you might feel upon witnessing even a minor collision between vehicles may be intense panic. If you harbor unpleasant associations with death from a past experience, you may find yourself unable to think about death as a gentle release or the next step toward a new kind of existence. You can, however, minimize the intensity of your reactions by identifying the momentary thought that inspires your reaction. Then, next time, replace that thought with a more positive one.

Modifying your reaction by modifying your thoughts is difficult, but it can help you to see and experience formerly unpleasant situations in a whole new light. It allows you to stop reacting unconsciously. Learning the reason of your reactions may also help you put aside a negative reaction long enough to respond in more positive and empowered ways. Your reactions and responses then become about what's happening in the present moment rather than about the past. As time passes, your negative thoughts may lose strength, leaving only your positive thoughts to inform your healthy reactions.

Hmm, okay for the rest of today I am going to try to catch myself in "negative" thought.  When I do I will try to figure out where it came from and how to replace it with a more positive thought.  I'm up for it...I'll give it a try anyway.  Can't hurt, right?

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh!  Yesterday I was at Jessica's and left a message about cleaning out 2 of my junk drawers.  Well, I never really made it to the one drawer I was talking about in the kitchen.  However, I did clean out the 6 small drawers on our bedroom nightstands, all the drawers and cabinets in our antique buffet.  In the end I had a garbage bag with between 15 and 20 pounds of junk. 

I really felt as though I got something accomplished.  Since the buffet got cleaned out, I was also able to put a few more pictures of the kids out.  And even with more pictures up there, it still looks less cluttered.  Ahhh, less clutter.  Organization...mmmmmhmmm.  Well, I gotta go grab a smoke, yep it makes me thaaat happy!  LOL

HUGS!

~Jill Marie


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you little brat!  Congrats on the 14 pounds you rock!  Koodos on the loss of clutter in your bed room working in that zone as well!  Take care and enjoy that (cough, cough!)  Ahhhhhh you brat!  TerryAnn.    http://journals.aol.com/thegirlnexdoor77/GoinCrazy/   :-~

Anonymous said...

Brat indeed!!! Well, ok...not a brat but I have been dietng for 3 weeks and have only lost 8 lbs! I'm SO jelouse! So I know it is low carb but give me a days eating so I KNOW what type of meals your eating. We will help each other with this weight loss! Whoo hoo for you!! That is great! I JUST started this week taking cortislim along with my meals so it BETTER help! I spent $40.00 on them! Oh, and congrats on the cleaning out your night stand drawers, you sound like me with all the junk I can get out of just a few drawers, Lol! And it DOES fill really good to acomplish clutter, I must admit! TTYL!!

- Jessica
http://journals.aol.com/aljes12/Jessicasthoughtsfeelings

Anonymous said...

wow great on the weight loss, I need to try something.