Friday, January 6, 2006

Friday Funny~Need some help

Okay time for another Friday Funny.  I don't know how long I am going to be able to do this one.  I mean how many cute little stories can I remember?  "Remember" being the operative word there.  I do have 4 children...so I should have a whole books worth of funny kid stories, huh?

Okay, let's see...hmmmm.  Alright, here's one.  Although at the time I did NOT think this was funny at all.  This happened when David (just turned 20) was about 5 or 6, Samantha (17) was 3.

Now Samantha was like Rylie is now.  She hardly had any hair until she was 2 years old.  So when her hair did start growing I would put it up in these little pig tails, or a tiny pony tail on top of her head.  Back then they didn't have these easy to remove little hair elastics.  I had a bag of these multi-colored elastics that were not so easy to take out.

Well, one day I had put a little pony tail off to the right side of Sammi's head with that flap of hair that seemed to grow in that old-man-comb-over style (the same way Rylie's hair grows, lol).  Well at some point in the afternoon she decided that she didn't want to have her hair up in a pony tail any longer. 

She didn't come to me though.  No, she went to her big brother, David, and asked him to take her cut the rubber band off.  So he said "you want me to cut it off?"  And she said "yes".  Which is exactly what he did...he cut her pony tail OFF!  Oh I was livid.  It had taken so long for her hair to come in and then he just cut it off.

While I was yelling at him and asking why, he just kept saying "she said she wanted me to cut it off".  Not something that seemed too funny at the time.  Or a year later either.

So about a year later Samantha's hair had grown in, I was doing cute little pony tails and was even able to do a little braid in the back.  I wish my hair would grow that fast now, lol.  

So I did Sam's hair in a braid one day, and that evening she went to David and asked him to "cut it out".  Excuse me...did I not yell loud enough the first time?  So sure enough...he cut the bottom of her braid off.  So when the braid unraveled there were 3 different lengths to her hair.

Oh mah Gosh!  I could have gone through the ceiling.  My parents and I lived in the same town at the time.  I called them and said "Come over here and take your grandson for a little while because I am about to kill the child".  They came over, looked at Sammi's hair and laughed! 

They said "This is one of those things your going to look back on, tell the story and laugh about it".  Were they crazy?  I was totally furious with the kids, especially David who I expected to know better.  Yes, now I can look back and realize that he was just a child.  But at the time, I didn't see anything funny about it at all. 

I can also look back and see that my sweet and innocent looking Samantha was the instigator of all of it.  She knew to come to me to get the elastics taken out of her hair.  Is it possible that at 3 or 4 she was trying to get David in trouble?  Nah, I'll just go with the theory of small children and miscommunication.

PreviewSammi's pig tails 1990

PreviewDavid & Sam, Lake Erie 1991

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, I am beginning a new project and could use a little help.  A friend of ours, a young man of 25, is about to become a father in a few months.  For very unfortunate reasons, which I won't go into, he may have to raise his daughter alone. 

I know that single mothers have to do this all the time.  However, this young man doesn't even have any family to help him out. Ray and I really like him and have been trying to help out any way we can.  I've already given him a bunch of baby clothes (they say it is going to be a baby girl) and some toys and stuff,

However, I thought it might be a good idea to make a little book with things I've found useful to know.  Kind of a "head to toe, A through Z" little book on taking care of a baby.

Which is where ya'll come in.  If you think of anything which you think would be good for me to put in there, could you send me an email titled "baby tips"?  I already have a few ideas in mind, but I'd like any suggestions or ideas ya'll might have. 

Thanks, I really appreciate any ideas you can send!

~Jill Marie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!  HOW IS FREDDY?  HOPE HE'S SOMEWHERE COMFORTABLE LIKE THE NEGHBOR'S HOUSE  LOL!!!  I HAVE MY OWN LITTLE BUDDY AND WHILE WE SET TRAPS HE JUST KEEPS TRIPPING THEM AND GETTING AWAY.  YESTERDAY I FOUND OUT THAT WHILE MY HONEY THOUGHT HE WAS CHARGING HIS CELL PHONE ON THE INDOOR CHARGER HE REALLY WASN'T BECAUSE OUR LITTLE BUDDY HAD CHEWED THROUGH THE CORD.     LOL  I LMAO BUT THE HONEY DIDN'T FIND IT FUNNY AT ALL SINCE THIS IS THE SECOND CORD FOR THE CELL PHONE THAT I HAVE BOUGHT IN THE LAST YEAR  FOR THE SAME REASON.   >(::)