Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tuesday cleaning tip~Organic living~Other sidebar~My stripper song

                                         Tuesday Cleaning Tip

(I have a headache this morning, thats why no flashy, flipping red Tuesday cleaning tip sign today)

As I say on my Web page, these are tips that have been emailed to me, or that I have found on the Internet.  I have not tried all of them and cannot guarantee their effectiveness.  If you do try one and it works, or if you have another one that works for you, let me know.

Shower Doors: 1)Try using Resolve® carpet cleaner on clear shower doors to remove soap scum.

2) Make ammonia solution of 1/2 C. ammonia in 1 gal. water.  Pour solution into a spray bottle.  Spray the shower door.  Use a sponge or stiff bristle brush to scrub.  Rinse well.

Warning:  Keep room well ventilated while working!  Ammonia can irritate your skin, so wear gloves while cleaning with this solution.  Ammonia and bleach form a toxic gas when mixed together, do NOT mix the two cleaners!

Shower soap scum:  If possible change to liquid soap it is a better alternative over bar soap.  Liquid soap doesn't have any talc and talc is responsible for the build up of soap scum.  Talc only adds volume to the soap without adding any value to it.  Changing to liquid soap will reduce the frequency of needing to remove soap scum.

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone into the organic or spiritual lifestyle?  Yoga, organic clothing, sheets, towels, etc?  I happened to stumble across this site and thought some people might want the link.  Me?  Yeah, it would be cool if I could have only organic things and teach my kids yoga, and we were all vegans... 

But I live in the real world where we live week to week.  If I can get sheets under $15, I don't care what they are made of, sorry.  Yoga?  Heck, I'm thrilled to get my kid off the gameboy and outside for some fresh air, lol.  Vegans?  We're really pushing it now, lmao.

Oh, sorry.  I got so busy rambling that I forgot to put the link up.  The place is called Gaiam.

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, this is the other side bar I made last night.  What do ya'll think?  Any preferences?  Yeah, I know...I am on this brown & pink and brown & turquiose kick.  I really love those colors together.  I especially love wearing them.  I am a huge fan of turquoise jewelry.  I got a few pieces this year from Ray for Christmas. 

                                  Preview

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Stipper Song Is

 

I'm a Slave 4 U by Britney Spears

"I'm a slave for you. I cannot hold it; I cannot control it.
I'm a slave for you. I won't deny it; I'm not trying to hide it."

You may seem shy, but you can let your wild side out when you want to!

 

I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

HUGS!

~Jill Marie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

I am a big fan of those colors as well...my fall, winter, and spring attire contains all those colors.

~V~

Anonymous said...

I like them both!!!!!!!!!!!
Wanted to come by & say good morning,
hope you have a wonderful day.
God Bless,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with your journal the sidebar and stuff.  Your tips are great, I'm going to try and shower door one and hopefully it will work.  My 19 year old daughter works at whole foods.  They sell a lot of organic foods and stuff.  She is a vertarian and a vegan.  Eats almost all organice food.  My 15 year old daughter is a veretarian but not a vegan.  Yeah.  My 15 year old son eats it all.  Thank heaven.