Over the next two months, add these 10 super foods to your diet one at a time, and keep them there forever:
- Beans: Beans such as chick peas, kidney beans, and black beans are packed with fiber, and research shows that diets high in fiber can help boost weight loss efforts. High-fiber foods help you feel fuller longer because they are digested slowly. Boost your fiber intake gradually, over a period of several weeks, to prevent uncomfortable side effects such as gas.
- Peanut butter: A bit of healthy fat is better for weight loss than eating a very low-fat diet. A recent study revealed that when people included peanuts or peanut butter in a reduced-calorie diet, they were more likely to stick with the diet.
- Pears: This high-fiber fruit is a great way to start a meal. In a study, people who ate a pear or an apple before each meal lost more weight than people who didn't munch on the fruit beforehand.
- Almonds: Healthy fat, fiber, vitamin E, protein -- almonds contain it all! Portion out small snack sizes ahead of time for a calorie-conscious, satisfying treat.
- Low-fat yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of calcium, and early research suggests a high-calcium diet may help ward off weight gain or boost weight loss efforts in someone who is cutting back on calories.
- Olive oil: This excellent source of monounsaturated fat may help you reap more rewards for your efforts at the gym. In a study, exercise appeared to burn off calories from unsaturated fat much more readily than it burned off saturated fat calories.
- Green tea: A small study suggests that drinking green tea regularly may give a mild boost to weight loss efforts. Plus, it's loaded with antioxidants.
- Fish: Although fruits and vegetables should be the cornerstones of your healthy eating habits, don't kick protein out of your diet. Your body needs protein to build lean muscle, and protein helps sate your appetite. Fish such as salmon and tuna are great choices because they contain healthy unsaturated fats, instead of the saturated fats found in most red meats and poultry.
- Whole-grain breads and cereals: Whole grains are another great source of fiber. You need at least 25 grams of fiber per day -- more if you are a man under 40 -- to achieve long-term health benefits. One study revealed that 26 grams of fiber per 1,000 calories of food resulted in more weight loss than a diet with only 7 grams of fiber per 1,000 calories of food.
- Spinach: Low-calorie, rich in nutrients and fiber -- raw spinach is almost the perfect food. Try to eat a cup of raw, leafy green vegetables such as spinach each day. Add fresh spinach to soups, slow-cooker meals, and sandwiches.
These 10 food choices are not a recipe for weight loss on their own -- combine smart food choices with portion control and exercise to make them work for you. For best results, when you add one of these super foods each week, simultaneously cut back on a high-calorie, low-nutrition food from your diet.
After incorporating all 10 super foods for only two months, you'll have made tremendous progress in transforming your diet for long-term health.
I would like to add some more fonts to my current selection on my computer. Do any of you know where a "safe" place is to go and download free fonts? I went to the aol download area, but before you download anything that warning about malicious downloads comes up and I always freak out and click the "no" button, lol.
Also, after I download fonts, do I need to do anything? Or will they download right where they need to go? I hate being so computer stupid. Any help is always greatly appreciated.
I am still working on Rylie Jo's scrapbook. It is coming along very nicely. Samantha brought me some really neat scrapbooking things after work the other day as my birthday gift. I love her so much!
Of course the more I work on the scrapbook the better I am at laying things out and making it look good. So as I go back and look at the first few pages I did, hmm, I get to thinking I am gonna need to re-do them, lol.
My biggest regret is that I didn't order the hospital birth pictures. However, at the time I kept hearing (as always) "watch how much money you spend" or "don't spend any money this week". Yeah, well when I look at some of the things that I don't spend money on and some things that money does get blown on...grrrrr.
I wish I could call the company and order the pictures now. Right, like they would still have them 22 months later. Oh well. In the end, I selected part of another picture focusing on her face and blew that up. The focus isn't real great, but it's an alright picture.
I hope you all have a wonderful over-the-hump day! It will be Friday before you know it, lol.